January in Minnesota can be bitterly cold. In fact today, over 300 schools closed because of severe windchill, -30 to -40 degrees F. BRRR! This left me yearning for the heat of summer. What better way to bring summer to you , than to make food that has fruits of summertime in them.
One of my favorite fruits are raspberries. We are lucky enough to have neighbors who had a huge raspberry patch and we have a small patch as well. So we had some of these delicious fruits in the freezer. When my husband and I were selling our bakery products at the Farmer’s Market, we had developed this wonderful dessert. I took several recipes that I liked parts of but not the whole recipe and combined them to make this wonderful twist on a raspberry cobbler. This recipe does use certified gluten free oats, but those who are intolerant to oats could replace it with almond meal or coconut flour, or for more of a crunch use chopped nuts.
- 3 TBSP Arrowroot
- 6-12 Apples, medium, sliced
- 1 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Honey
- 4 C Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Nutmeg
- 8 TBSP Butter flavored coconut oil
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 1/2 C. Almonds, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix all of the filling ingredients. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 32 minutes.
- Add topping and bake another 10-12 ,minutes
- Serve warm with ice cream, or coconut ice cream (Dairy-free)